Thursday, May 15, 2008

Living a Healthier Lifestyle

One quarter of the year has passed and its the new beginning of the 2nd quarter. It was like the year just started and now we are on the 5th month, nearing half of the year. Time really flies fast.

I have made some changes to my lifestyle. I have been going jogging lately with my friends thrice a week after work. There's a beautiful park specially made for joggers and some do cycle. This is situated nearby my housing estate. It has a small lake. A round of the lake is about 1.5km. Normally, we go for 4 rounds and sweat it out. And i do yoga at home on the days when I don't jog. Maintaining a healthy diet is also part of the changes. No more junk food!!! I eat more fruits and vegetable. I have cut down on oily stuff. But once in a while, i do indulge in fast food items but the no. of visits have gone down. Fast food items are very bad for us, especially the amount of oil and MSG used. Nothing can be compared to home-cooked food but that doesn't mean its not oily, huh. We still have to opt for the healthy method of cooking like steam, sauteed, bake or stir-fry with minimum amount of oil.

I bought a book on Nutrition Almanac Fourth Edition by Gayla J. Kirschmann and John D. Kirschmann. It has all the useful information for various kind of health problems and the solutions to it. This book offers quick answers to questions about nutrients plus gives you everything you need to plan a total nutritional program, all in a friendly, down-to-earth style. After reading this book, I have realised that we are lacking of many nutrients daily which is very essential on a day to day basis.

It's been 2 months since i've made the changes and i can see the difference in me. I feel very healthy this way. I hope you too can benefit by leading a healthy lifestyle through proper nutrition.

4 comments:

tulipspeaks said...

i'm glad nutrition & healthy lifestyle makes u to feel better nowadays.

u may want to follow up me via nutritoday.blogspot.com as well.

hugs!


ammu.

Mohan^ said...

Vai Vittu Sirithal Noi Vittu Pogum ( laughter is the best medicine)

whAt A LiFe said...

@ Tulipspeaks

Sure, I will love to do that.

Tks anyway


@ Mohan

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Poduma. Nalla thatuvam solringe

Saravanan said...

Good move. As long as we are aware of healthy life style like how you have done recently, we can survive make medical professionals life difficult :)