Thursday, September 27, 2007

Planning Day

With Deepavali around the corner, I've got a lot of things to do. Super Kanchiong!!!!! First of all, shopping for clothes and the ingredients for my cookies and cakes. I have to sit down with my mum and list down the items most probably by this weekend. Two brains is better than one, don't you agree?

And I've been trying to get a 3-tier tray, the ones used for high-tea sessions but nothing captured my eyes so far. See the diagram below.

Beautiful isn't it? I can't resist. I'm a person who enjoys nice English high-teas, especially with my friends, chatting and having fun. With cakes and pastries to drool everyone and a cup of tea or coffee, is simply awesome. I enjoy scones, eclairs and cakes so much. I guess I have a sweet-tooth, which is no good. Once in a while, its ok to indulge in it lah.... i don't mind closing one eye, after all, to make the afternoon an enjoyable one, everyone is happy, I'm happy too : )

Ok back to my planning. Next will be the tiring of all things, spring-cleaning of the house. Maybe, I would get a maid for a day or two from the agency to help me with the window cleaning coz I have 10 of them, huge ones in fact. A big headache. At least, my mum and I can escape from this nightmare. Lolz.... Anyway, we still got to clean up the house as usual.
Finally, I need to list down my guests list and the dates to do the open house. Normally, we will invite the non-indian friends and neighbours on the actual day. As for our relatives and other indian friends, we will invite them the next day onwards or the following weekends coz they will be celebrating the occasion at their homes too. It will go on for about 3 weeks. So this is a month, we will put on some extra weight coz we have to eat at every house we visit. I love to try out various types of food using different methods of cooking, it kind of make me improve my cooking. And you know, the Aunties are so kind that sometimes they share kitchen tips. (during ladies gossip time or sorry chit-chat) Hahaha......
Deepavali is such an auspicious day. I'm looking forward to it. So right now, planning is definitely necessary as at the end of the day, it will be a memorable one for everyone.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Planning for Deepavali now itself??
people like me plan only one day before.. some time not even that.. :-)
Any way cool and all the best for your plan.. and hope everything will go fine as u planned...
Btw.. apart from window you can ask maid to clean your house. So you can give more money to them and they too will have v.happy Deepavali... hee haha

PurpleHeart said...

Oh mine..Diwali is more than a month away. U on advance shopping ??? :)

whAt A LiFe said...

Hahaha,u r so boring. Where's the spirit lah? I am not a perfectionist but I always plan ahead so that I don't screw things up.

As for the maid, not only wiping the window, she has to clean the house as well. I am employing the maid for 3 days which is 50 per day inclusive of meals. If she does it well, I dont mind giving her extra.

Kind-hearted soul....

whAt A LiFe said...

Yes, I know but I hate to do last minute shopping, purpleheart.

I will not get tense up coz I know I have ample time left. So I follow my plans and take my own sweet time to finish up before the date line. Hahaz

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

My Diwali shopping is done (only clothes :D).. We usually start it quite early as the shops get too crowded as the festival nears.. The 3 tier tray looks really nice and guess it also will be very useful .. Hope things turn out to be as planned or even better .. Happy Diwali shopping ! :)

whAt A LiFe said...

Exactly, the shops tend to be crowded and sometimes u can't get what you want.

Tks, i hope so.

tulipspeaks said...

well.. its kinda too early to talk about house cleaning (may be bcoz i hate them :P) but shopping.. yes!! actually i am done with my shopping already!

hehehehe


ammu.

whAt A LiFe said...

Naughty gal, never do household chores. Hehehe

reena said...

it sounds so fun! and after reading ur entry I wanna head down for high-tea as well. It's been a while. I usually go tot he one in Marriott or Anson. Where do you go? Let me in on the prices...I mite reconsider. Take care darling!

பிரியமுடன்... said...

இருந்தாலும், இவ்வளவு தாமதமா கடந்த தீபாவளியை பற்றிய பதிவு போடுவது ரொம்ப ஓவருப்பா...
தீபாவளி முடிந்து 10 மாதம் ஆகிபோச்சு இந்த அம்மணி இப்பதான் அதை பற்றி சொல்றாங்கப்பா!

சாரி....சாரி....இருங்க, இருங்க...அய்யகோ...நான் தான் தப்பா புரிஞ்சுகிட்டேன் போல. மன்னிச்சுக்குங்க தேவி மேடம். சரியா படிக்கல, நீங்க அ அ அடுத்த்த்த்த மாமாமாதம் எட்டாம் தேதி வருதே தீபாவளி அதைப் பற்றிதான் சொன்னீங்களா...அப்ப சரிதான்! சரி..ரொம்ம சரி! இப்படிதான் இருக்கவேண்டும் பெண்பிள்ளை, வேலை பல இருந்தாலும், தீபாவளிக்காக எவ்வளவு நேரம் ஒதுக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள் தெரியுதா, உண்மையிலேயே உங்களை நினைத்து தீபாவளி ரொம்ப பெருமைப்படும்!
என்னையும் கூப்பிடுவீங்கள்ள! (சாப்பிட மட்டும்)அடிக்கமாட்டேன்னு சொன்னா வருவேன்! என் இனிய தீபாவளி வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

praveen said...

Hi....I wont go to home for diwali.. :(
but im interested to see hw north indians celebrate it.... :D

Anonymous said...

It's doesn't mean i don't have spirit ma.. People like me no-issue at all, Even with in one day we can finish all the stuff... As nothing much to do at our end apart from ordering food, doing base house cleaning and watching tv's... he hee.

Thats good, your pay rate to maid is really goood.. Hope they will also enjoy there's festivall..

Hope you will share the deepavali sweet's with us..

whAt A LiFe said...

@ Reena

When I was staying in s'pore, I used to go to Royal Plaza on Scotts - East & West High tea costing abt $25+++, and Raffles Hotel high tea roughly abt 32 to 35+++ and they serve the 'real' English High Tea. Very class....

In J.B., you can try Hyatt Hotel.

Anyway, I will try Marriot Hotel's High Tea next month. Tks for sharing the info.

cheerio


@ Prem

Haloooo, we are in 2007.... Heard that........


@ Praveen

Oh ok, poor thing! Northern also celebrate more or less the same. Anyway, you can update in your blog on that. Take care


@ Mr Roar

Lolz....

Definitely, I will share the sweets with you, I will post it in my blog ok. : p

Neha Nair said...

Being an NRI...I HAVE MISSED celebratin some of the major festivals of India.This time ill be in india throughout...so ILL be shopping for diwali too..

praveen said...

Hi...y no update???