Take it light
- Rather than lighten your coffee with cream and sugar, make the switch to skim milk and a calorie-free sweetener. One tablespoon of cream and two teaspoons of sugar adds up to 90 calories. Using two tablespoons of skim milk (you'll probably want a little more for desired creaminess) and a packet of Splenda or Equal will deliver just 15 calories, for a savings of 75 calories.
Make a milk swap
- Top off morning cereal with a lower-fat milk. Choosing one cup of one-percent milk instead of whole saves 45 calories. Switch to skim milk, and you'll slash 65 calories.
- Next time you're scrambling up some eggs, try using egg whites instead. Instead of two scrambled eggs, mix one egg with an egg white, and you'll save 85 calories.
- Soft drinks and iced teas are typically loaded with calories, especially when they come in super-sized bottles. A 16-ounce bottle of coca cola, for instance, contains 182 calories, and 16.9-ounce bottle of iced tea has 186 calories. Trade regular soda for the diet version or, better yet, a bottle of water, and you'll nix all of those calories from your day.
Be sandwich savvy
- Rather than slather your sandwich in mayonnaise, give mustard a try. It packs a flavor punch, plus it's calorie-free (versus the 95 calories per tablespoon of mayo). Can't give up the mayo? Try the lighter version instead, and you'll save 55 calories.
Ditch dried fruit
- Reach for fresh fruits instead of dried versions, which are calorie dense and void of the water that makes fruit so filling. For instance, one cup of grapes contains 60 calories, compared to a cup of raisins, which carries a whopping 495 calories.
There are many other ways to cut the calories, we consume daily without realising it. Have a balance diet and exercise regularly. It can keep us healthy and fit all the time. Life is to live, live healthily. Good day....... : )