Many New Year resolutions in the Western World involve maintaining peak vitality, physical fitness, or appearance. For example, one person's goal might be to reduce or to eliminate intake of alcohol or tobacco. The most common new year's resolution is weight loss. A student may make a resolution to stay focused in class or to complete all of his assignments. Resolutions to eat sensibly or increase exercise are also quite common.
The new year resolution is one example of the rolling forecast-method of planning. According to this method, plans are established at regular short or medium-term time intervals, when only a rough long-term plan exists. While a lot of people who make new year's resolutions do break them, it has been claimed that making resolutions is useful as it is some sort of a guideline to achieve the goal.
- Weight Loss - Normally, this will be the 1st thing in every ladies list. Being slim is one thing but keeping fit is more important. I got to get rid of the extras and stay healthy.... hmmmmm
- Sleep early - My mum always scold me for being awake during the wee hours of the night, like an owl. So I'm going to heed her advice and go to bed early, say about 10pm at least 4 days in a week.
- Save money - I'm the type of person who does not hesitate to buy the things which I need or want very badly. I will have to cut on the unnecessary expenses and save it for rainy days instead.
- Driving Licence - I've passed my theory and got my 'L' but have not gone for the 10hr lessons. Busy + Lazy. I got to start my lessons soon and hopefully get my full licence in the year 2008.
- Water Fountain - I've been wanting to buy a water-feature to place in my living hall but unfortunately I can't decide as in to install it permanently or buy the ready made type. I will finalise the perfect one which suits my home.
- Laughing Buddha - I have this idea of getting a gold coloured laughing Buddha which maybe stands tall of 60 to 80cm. I admire him so much, very cute and fat and the father of wealth........hehehe
As I have said before, some plans can be achieved and some are not. It needs good principals and attitude to fulfill one's goal. I will try to adapt to this concept and see how many I have achieved. And then will post it on next year's resolution. Sounds very challenging for me.
I will hook a few persons to post their new year resolutions too and the lucky ones are:-